The BIAW Health Insurance Trust
The BIAW Health Insurance Trust is a non-profit, member owned and operated health insurance purchasing program. It’s sponsored by the Building Industry Association of Washington and directed by a Board of Trustees selected by the Building Industry Association. The purpose of the Trust is to allow participating employers to join together to purchase health care coverage for their employees. By purchasing this coverage as a large group, building industry employers receive the advantages of:
- Significantly lower health care insurance rates through increased purchasing power
- Expanded health care plan options
- Enhanced customer service – both for you and your employees
Effective April 1st, 2014 all groups who participate in the BIAW Heath Insurance Trust are COBRA eligible. Previously, COBRA eligibility was based off of the size of your company, starting 4/1/14 and going forward due to the Affordable Care, the definition of the eligible groups has changed. The BIAW Health insurance Trust as a whole is now the determiner for COBRA eligibility, regardless of the size of the individual companies that make up the Trust.
This will be good news to employees and their covered dependents who wish to continue, on a self-paid basis, the same insurance benefits they had under your employment.
As always, we wish to make this process as easy as possible for you. We have provided guidelines and notices in Word format with highlighted sections for ease in modification as well as the COBRA election Form. All of this information is available on our website under BIAW COBRA.
Rates: Please refer to your Participation Confirmation email that you received after you renewed. If you cannot locate that email, please contact us.
EPK & Associates will take care of the rest of the COBRA related duties for your company:
- Once the qualified participant(s) elects to continue, process the COBRA Election Form
- Provide monthly billing statements to COBRA participants
- Process and collect COBRA payments
- Communication with insurance carrier
- Communication with COBRA participants’
- Notification of all yearly Renewal plan changes and premium changes
- Processing of enrollment changes
- Processing 2nd qualifying events
- Administering continuation coverage disability extensions
- Notification of termination or expiration of COBRA benefits
Please contact us at EPK & Associates with any questions at 1-800-545-7011 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.